Tasty Tuesday|| Turkey Meatball soup

4.12.2016

Happy Tuesday, y'all! Today I am sharing one of my go to meals. When I was on bedrest a sweet neighbor shared this recipe with me and we loved it.  I make up batches to eat now and others to freeze for tough days that either I just don't have time to do the chopping and prep that many delicious meals require or my guy has a business dinner and my goal is to keep it simple. 

Grocery List/Check your pantry for:
1 lb Ground Turkey 
1 Egg
½ Cup Bread Crumbs
2 T Olive Oil
1 Small onion
2 Carrots
2 Celery Stalks
½ tsp Marjoram 
Salt to taste
½ tsp Pepper
¼ Cup White Cooking Wine
6 Can Chicken Broth
2 Cups Cooked Penne Pasta

Directions:

Cook Penne pasta according to package while preparing the meal. We like to use whole wheat pasta. 

Then in a mixing bowl mix egg, bread crumbs, and  turkey meat. Make meatballs about 1 inch in diameter.  


Cook in skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil.

Let them rest on a plate. 


Wash & chop veggies. 


Sauté veggies with remaining oil over low heat until tender. 
Add seasonings with about 2 mins remaining in skillet. 
NOTE: I used a skillet for the veggie portion during this documentation but I recommend using a small stock pot.
Add chicken broth and meatballs to veggies. Simmer for 15 mins. 

Drain pasta and dish ¼ cup of cooked pasta into bowl. Using a ladle, dish a couple scoop fulls over the bowl of pasta. 

ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|
COPYRIGHT 2014 ZABIE LOVE- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED