Five Favorite Snowmen

12.19.2014

Christmas time is hands down my FAVORITE time of year! I love everything about this jolly season, the glitter, gold and red hues, sparkly everything and oh, the snowmen. I swoon for snowmen. I never even saw a real snowman in person until my adult years since snow rarely graces the beautiful countryside of Georgia. Regardless of never really seeing much snow in my life, I love snowman decorations!

Here is the rundown of my favorite snowmen.



This guy was my very first snowman purchase many moons ago at Kirklands. I got him 50% off and he is really big.  He was always on my mantle at our house in Georgia and now has a home on my entry table in our new home here in CNY. I love that he is holding candy... Christmas candies are the best!



This guy or gal was purchased with the first guy above. I like to think of it as a her. She has a shopping bag and is wearing a stocking hat unlike the usual top hat that snowmen so often are dressed in. Isn't she a beauty? 


These two make the perfect pair on my entry table and have been with Josh and myself through many Christmases. I just love them!


My guy gave this snowman to me as a Christmas gift a few years back. He is such a manly, outdoorsy snowman much like my guy. It's kind of neat that he got me this snowman the same year we started getting a real christmas tree. Appropriate since Mr. Snowman himself has a tree too.


This is a Jim Shore snowman and is one of my favorite. He is just beautiful. My mother-in-law and father-in-law gifted him to me several years ago. He was the perfect addition to our snowman family and is the ideal representation of my in-laws. He is holding a cardinal and bird house which is exactly what I think of when I think of Bob and Sandy. They live in St. Louis, home of the Cardinals and those beautiful birds are everywhere near their home. My MIL loves her garden and has many birdhouses in her yard. Just love this guy and them!


I saved the best for last. This snowman has a very special story. Josh and I inherited him when his Grandpa passed in 2010. It was Josh's Grandma and Grandpa's snowman. I'm not sure how long they had him but I'm sure it was a while. I know for sure that he traveled from their home in St. Louis to our home in Georgia and now is in our home in New York but I think that he also lived with them in their home in Indiana too. He's a world traveler, or state traveler at least. 
A few days ago the Zabies stood at the book shelf crying wanting to hold Mr. Snowman and I caved...
The both held him like a baby and patted his bottom while humming to him. As they held him I explained that we had to be very careful because he is a very special snowman. I told them that he was their great-grandma and great-grandpa's snowman. Josh sat and watched them and tears welled up in his eyes watching his daughters hold a small piece of his grandparents. It was such a sweet and special moment. It was like they were here with us, for just a moment. I know they are watching over our sweet girls daily and Praise the Lord for that!

Do you have any special Christmas decorations? Share them with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|
COPYRIGHT 2014 ZABIE LOVE- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED