A Farewell Photo Shoot

7.30.2015

During this weeks blogging I realized that I never posted the wonderful photos that my dear friend Stacy did for us in and around our home in New York. 
I love all of these photos. 
They are reminders of so many memories made along our journey of life. 





























 I'm a sucker for black and white photos!







These photos of the girls are so very special to me. 
When they were brand spanking new and just home from the hospital their resting place when not being held was in rock and play sleeper in front of our couch. 
Fastforward to just after they turned 1 year old. 
I was lying on my couch in the afternoon, the blinds were open and the sun started shining through the windows. I had to turn the blinds upward so it wouldn't blind me. 
In that moment I remembered, vividly, all of the feelings of being a brand new mommy and having to move their rock and play sleepers out of the sun every evening. 
The feelings I had just from the way the sun came through the window was so overwhelming and a wonderful reminder of how special those first days were. 
When we found out we were moving I cried over not ever getting to feel that exact same feeling every fall when them  sun shined so brightly through those windows. 
It is so strange because the pattern of the sun changes throughout the year and it doesn't shine often in CNY but the day we did our farewell photos it shined exactly the same as it did in those early days, even at the same angle. It was so bizarre.  
I think it was a small gift from above to be able to capture these photos. 




As you can tell it was dinner time and the girls ended up with doritos to tie them over. 








 This was my view of home overtime I came in from running errands or grocery shopping. 
If you look at the very end of the street, that is the back of our house. 





I have mentioned this before but I highly recommend having photos taken of you and your family in or around a home that is special to you. 
I will never forget this chapter of our lives. 
Tomorrow is Friday, y'all!!!

4 comments:

  1. What great photos to have! Wonderful that you took them before you moved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet photoshoot! I love the idea of photographing a house before you move. What great memories you will have with these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can your girls ever wear non matching outfits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love to match and always want what the other has: if one wears a hat the other wants one too, if one has a dress on the other wants it on too, if one is running around in a diaper the other wants the same and so on and so forth. So we are enjoying it while it lasts because soon enough they won't want to be the same. Coordinating doesn't work because they fight over the same color. It's a twin thing!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|
COPYRIGHT 2014 ZABIE LOVE- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED