Weekend Travels

2.16.2015

On Friday we began packing the car and wrapping up last minute things in preparation for the house being listed on the market. 
I decided to try to get a few fun pictures in of the girls between all of the tasks I had to complete. 
They weren't impressed. In fact, Kensington was signing for bed and Quinn was signing that she was all done. This picture is priceless. 

After their nap they were much happier. As we were trying to pack the trunk for the back hitch the girls insisted on sitting on it. Of course, I needed to take a picture. 

We left out at 4:00 PM and drove about 50 minutes before Kensington got car sick and puked as were were parking for supper. Luckily, I had a vomit kit in my car as I mentioned here. We quickly cleaned her up and went in for supper. She screamed anytime we sat her down because she was afraid of the couple sitting next to us. Fun times. 

Then we sat in the front seat of our car, changed diapers, and clothes while attempting a make-shift bedtime routine since the restaurant didn't have changing tables. 


Around 11:30 pm both girls woke and were restless. Kensington cried and woke her sister. We decided to stop at a gas station and let them run some energy out. We also picked up some snacks and filled up the car. 



Then Quinn decided she was ready to sleep, right then and there.

The rest of the ride was touch and go. Kensington woke frequently because she just couldn't get comfy strapped into her seat. Around 6:00 AM we stopped in Knoxville, TN for breakfast at The Waffle House. It was the girls first experience at the waffle house and the perfect southern way to spend valentine's breakfast. 


I love these pictures that Josh took of me and Quinn. 



Then we hit I-75 south and in true Georgia fashion the sun came out and blinded us the whole drive to my parents. I miss Atlanta sun delays during a morning commute. 

Then on Sunday I ran out to grab some essential organic items for the girls that my parents don't keep in stock and this is what the bread isle looked like. Wanna know why? They were calling for snow. Did it snow? Nope!

It was a crazy, busy weekend. I am still catching up on my sleep from traveling. 

Linking up with:


Chelsea as she guest hosts Mommy Moments

3 comments:

  1. OH no I am so sorry your little girl got sick in the car.. Hope she is feeling better ;) Happy Monday!!
    Chelsea@ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do roadtrips with our kids too. They are always exciting! Have you tried the motion sick bracelet thingies? My 4 year old wears them because she gets carsick on trips too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have and honestly couldn't tell if they were helping so we didn't use them on the trip... Mommy fail! I have them with me so will be using them on the ride home for sure!!!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|
COPYRIGHT 2014 ZABIE LOVE- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED